Friday, March 24, 2006

Can't Take the Heat, Get out of the office....

I have to say that I am a little embarrassed for my actions early this week. I actually got into an argument with a girl that sits next to me at work over the air-conditioning. First of all let me explain the situation. We are in the process of moving into a new office, however we did not get our temporary C-O. Therefore we lost the lease on our old space due to poor project management (but that's another story) so we have about 50 people crammed into a temporary office, working wherever there is a flat surface and a network connection. So with all the people in a tight space it tends to get extremely hot in there especially if the heat is on. So on Monday it was so fucking hot in there I was dying, I get up to look at the thermostat and it is like 80 degrees and the heat is on! I was wearing a sweater and I wanted to rip it off my body, unfortunately I can't sit at my desk in a tank top with a pink bar on underneath. So I complain it is hot and go to put the AC on, this bitch sitting next to me says..."We are only going to leave it one for a little bit cause I am cold". I was like 'whatever'. So it is not cool in there yet and she turns the AC off, I turn it back on, she turns it off again - What the fuck? This happened 3 times and finally I say to her, "Are you messing with me on purpose?" She looks at me all shocked, like what are you talking about? So I tell her "it's hot in here, I'm about to take my shirt off I'm dying , you can put you coat on if you are cold." Then she starts complaining that she is sick and she has a temperature and the AC is blowing on her neck. So I told her to go home if she is sick and she starts yelling "don't you tell me what to do I have work to do!" so you know I started yelling right back and she was like don't raise you voice at me, and kept fighting with me over the AC. She would not drop it, finally I said "Screw you I don't need this, I'm trying to work". Needless to say she still wanted to argue with me, if I was not at work I would of drop-kicked her ass. So I went to my manager and had my seat moved. Not only can I not stand that bitch, it is really hot in there and I am a person that likes the heat and is always cold, so if I was hot it is hot in there! Now I tried to be the better more mature person and apologize, but she ignored me....oh well....it was pretty funny everyone at work was loving it, even I was laughing as she is getting so mad at me.

No comments: