Friday, November 18, 2005

Product of growing up in the 80's

I received this list in a email and I had to smile. It reminded me of just how fashionally challenged we all were in the 80's and we thought we were cool, but looking back all's i can say is "what were we thinking?" Here are my favorites that I can totally agree with.
Fashion:
You tight rolled your jeans. - YES

You owned a banana clip. - YES
You had big hair and you knew how to use it. - YES
Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
Two words: Hammer Pants
You wore a ponytail on the side of your head- YES

You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
L.A. Gear. Need I say more?
You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (Some of us...head-to-toe)
You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks. - YES
You wore socks scrunched down - YES
You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (And probably in neon colors, too) - YES

Homemade Levi shorts... (The shorter the better)
You remember when mullets were cool!
Trends:
You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE”
You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
You remember “I've fallen and I can't get up" (I LOVE THIS ONE!)
You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool.
You remember "Where's the Beef?"
You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"

No comments: