Friday, January 27, 2006

Low Carb?

Is hollowing out a bagel really considered ‘low carb’? I think not.

I see a ton of people at my office do this every week. Friday in my office is “Bagel Day” the company actually buys us bagels and muffins, which is very nice. The bagels are huge and if you eat a whole one you may think twice about going out for lunch. But anyway, so every Friday there are some people who stand over the trash can ripping the insides of their bagels out, but they still will put butter or cream cheese on it, I guess they are thinking in their head that this counts as lower carbs. Maybe it does but if you are watching your weight why not have half a bagel with the cream cheese/butter and enjoy the carbs? I don’t get it…. I say either eat it in moderation or do without.

No comments: