Friday, December 02, 2005

Another TV Disappointment


Ok what is up with The OC, I used to be a huge fan of this show. Season 1 was fabulous! But Season 2 and 3 are disappointing, they fill you up with hope that something dramatic will happen with the upcoming scenes and then that very episode that you could not wait to see lets you down.
What happened to Marissa's substance abuse problems? Where is Ryan's illegitimate child with Theresa? How come they have no other friends? As I recall in Season 1 Marissa and Summer were quite popular, what the hell happened? And WHAT IS UP, with Marissa's new friends at her "public" school? They are a poor generic version of Ryan and Seth. I don't care about them at all....Does anyone else?
I'm longing for the days of Beverly Hills 90210. Those writers knew what people wanted to watch. They dealt with everything from substance abuse, date rape, teenage pregnancy, STD's, abusive relationships, it was great!
I'm going to start writing my own television show, hey you never know with this new pod-casting technology I would probably even get some viewers on the web.....hmmmm...food for thought!

No comments: